Tuesday, December 23, 2008

new song.

so i FINALLY wrote a new song on my own. i haven't written actual lyrics since my song to Aidah, One To Love, almost 2 years ago.

unlike One To Love, this is a sad, typical emo, cry cry, 'i hate you' song.

just like One To Love, its full of lame, straight forward lyrics, with no hidden poetic meanings what so ever.

to those of you who know me well enough, you'll know who this song is really about. if you don't, well, figure it out. :P but if you've read my next post, you'd be stupid to think that this one is about Aidah. sheesh.

this song is called Portrait.


Well it started several years ago,
When I saw what you wrote on your phone,
It was so obvious to me,
You didn't bother, you just went free.
Don't pretend that you don't know,
Don't bother trying to convince me that you're,
So innocent.

All those times,
Those magic times,
How could I be so blind?
Well now, I realise.

All of those times,
They meant nothing,
To you.
Never imagined,
I'd see the day,
I lost my faith in you

You're standing there non-chalantly,
You think anger would make you less guilty,
Oh god, what did you think?
I was mad at you? I'm mad at me!
I hope that it was all worth it,
Take a look at that portrait,
Tell me what you see!
It's what you lost.

Why?
Just tell me,
Why must you pull me into this lie?
Please stop,
Let me escape you now!

All of those times,
They meant nothing,
To you.
Never imagined,
I'd see the day,
I lost my faith in you.

And now,
This charade will finally end.

It's over,
Don't try to cry,
This picture,
Can see your lies,
A snapshot of your beautiful life,
And just like us,
It will burn to die.

No comments: