Thursday, September 25, 2008

bristol

my first post in awhile. haha. i've arrived in bristol. been here for about a week+. been busy settling in and exploring the area. by the time balik bilik malam, dah too tired to post a new blog post. haha. sorry guys!

anyway, bristol is awesome. best gak. the city is fun and active (kinda) but its far enough that i know i wont go there often. so can control la. haha. its a nice city. ada loads of history to the city. foodwise, well ok gak la. there's an area around here that has an asian community, and ada halal butcher and grocery shops so senang la nak dapat. in addition, the tesco here pun ada halal meat and chicken. but other supermarket like sainsbury's, takde. so that kinda sucks, especially since sainsbury's is the nearest to our campus. but for other stuff, like normal groceries or drinks, can get anywhere. plus, the supermarket brands (like tesco juice's or tesco salts or sainsbury's dishliquid) are all really cheap and reliable, meaning quality takde la teruk mana. its not like giant nyer brand. hhaha. so yea thats great.

i stay on campus, and i guess there's a good/bad element to it. its a party campus wei. honestly. on campus itself (which is about 5 mins from my flat) ada its own bar and nightclub, so almost EVERYNIGHT ada a different party with different themes and special bands/djs (mostly djs). mmg sama class with bukit bintang or something. hahha. in addition, because the bar/club on campus closes around 11, the students move the party to the student village. my student village. haha. so mmg its alive and party central till about 4+ kot. music kuat gila, especially if the party is near my flat. even just last week, my flatmates had its own party in my flat. so it was kinda noisy. they all pasang lagu kuat and were drinking etc. one guy even puked on my common area carpet. hahaha. but on the plus side, because i joined in (not drinking, mind u) i got to meet new people and well, got comfortable with my housemates. and at least the campus isn't so quiet and lonely. so thats the plus side. i just hope once term starts it wont be as bad. itu je la. but its because of this whole party thing that most days, i'd just rather buka puasa at aidah's and just lepak/sleepover at her place je. more homey and comfy. haha.

hmm apa lagi. had some problems with my phone line thing. i mean, i made some mistakes that ended up with me buying a new phone, something i didnt really have to do. it doesnt help that the phone line offers here are fucking confusing. but, i eventually got to return it and got my money back. and once i get my debit car, insyallah, i'll end up with a new phone AND a PS3. awesome. haha.

my debit card pun one other hal. HSBC ntah how go and sent my cards all the way to malaysia. haha. i dont want to confuse things further so i'm just gonna wait for my parents to bring it in october.

another problem i'm having is regarding my subjects. its funny. i'm registered as a student. i even got my student card. BUT i'm not registered for any classes. weird. haha. hopefully i'll settle it all by next week.

well thats about it. pictures are all up on my facebook. can't wait for my parents to come over in october! haha. maybe thats why i tak homesick sgt. i mean i miss malaysia, but not gila gila. i think its coz my parents are coming. haha. next post, i'll explain more about my housemates and life in uni la. and again, i'll TRY to update my blog often. haha. chiow!

1 comment:

backspace said...

tesco juice terbaik ! haha !